Parent Teacher Association
My dear parents and teachers
I am very happy to welcome you to the 155th Annual General Meeting of the St. Mary’s I.C.S.E. Parents Teachers Association for the year 2019-2020. The Parents Teachers Association is in fact an extended arm of this great institution of learning.
True to the ideal of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of this organisation, our aim is to produce well balanced and serene individuals open to the signs of the times and in tune with their social and cultural milieu in short –“MEN AND WOMEN FOR OTHERS”. It has been my experience that the Parents Teachers Association through the various activities it conducts for and on behalf of the school adheres to and follows this ideal with extraordinary zeal and enthusiasm.
I can say with conviction that the Parents Teachers Association of St. Mary’s is ‘second to none’- thanks to the dynamic women and men who have contributed their time and talent for the benefit of the school and its students. Their activities throughout the year are varied both academic and cultural at the school and inter-school level.
That the Parents Teachers Association is a part and parcel of St. Mary’s in thought, in word and in action is a well-known fact as it manifests itself in every endeavour or activity that the school is engaged in.
What is worthy of mention is that whenever there is any need whatsoever, the Parents Teachers Association is always there even if the activity does not fall within its scope; in other words – “we can always count on our Parents Teachers Association . I say this with a sense of pride and gratitude in my heart. We have been blessed with parents who have been at the helm of affairs – the Vice Presidents, both past and present – who have been worthy of their posts and fitting examples to the members of the association. “Behind every successful Parents Teachers Association is the band of parents.” I say this with conviction and I thank God for having blessed us with women and men of such calibre through the years. If St. Mary’s is what it is today, a big chunk of the credit must go to our Parents Teachers Association – in fact our Parents Teachers Association is an example to the other institution around – many of whom seek the advice of our members on many an occasion.
If St. Mary’s is what it is today, it is the Parents Teachers Association that has contributed much to its growth and progress.
On behalf of the management of St. Mary’s Society my heart goes out in gratitude to all the members past and present – for your valuable contribution to the school. Keep up the good work! God Bless You!
Dr. Fr. Francis Swamy S.J.
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school authorities in their insistence upon regularity, punctuality, discipline, personal cleanliness and the preparation of daily lessons.
- Parents are invited to take a keen interest in the academic work of the school and encourage their children to take part in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Parents are informed that occasional reports from teachers are conveniently made in the School Calendar. They are requested to sign them as proof that they have read them.
- Parents are particularly required to sign the Test books, exercise books, Term Reports, or any other similar documents when so requested. Failure to do so, may put their child to great inconvenience. They should also keep an eye on the Non-Attendance and Leave Record. They must make it a point to attend the Parents’ Visiting Days.
- Parents, when called, are obliged to meet teachers at the Parents-to-School days, to take note of how they can better help their wards in their academic progress.
- Private tuitions are not encouraged. Private tutors must not be engaged without consulting the Principal. Private tuitions from members of the Staff of St Mary’s may only be taken with the explicit written permission of the Principal.
- Parents and guardians are specially requested to notify the school of any change of address.
- When communicating with the Principal, parents are requested to mention in their letter, the class and division of their children.
- Parents, please note that all Examination Reports of their children have to be filed and preserved carefully for future necessary reference (College admission, etc). The School is neither bound to issue fresh duplicate reports of the same nor give a statement of marks for consecutive years in the event of reports being lost.
- Parents, guardians or other persons are not allowed to see their wards or interview their teachers during school hours without the sanction of the authorities. Since members of the Staff should be seen preferably during their ‘non-teaching’ periods, an appointment with a member of the staff should be arranged beforehand.
- Parents are invited and encouraged to participate actively in events organized for the good of the students and the institution.
- Parents are to understand that they cannot dictate to the school authorities. The latter have a right to say on what conditions they will admit or retain pupils in their institution.
PTA LIST FOR 2019-2020
|Principal/President||FR. DR. FRANCIS SWAMY, S.J.|
|Vice President||MR. SHAROOKH CONTRACTOR|
|Ex-officio||MS. CLEMENTINE MONTERIO|
|Ex-officio||MS. NIRMALA FERNANDES|
|Ex-officio||MS. SANDRA FERNANDES|
|Secretory||MS. NEYSA D’SOUZA|
|Joint Secretary||MRS. AMBREEN DAS|
|Joint Secretary||MRS. SHEETAL BAFNA|
|Treasurer||MR. DHIRAJ SHETTY|
|PRINCIPAL||FR. DR FRANCIS SWAMY, S.J.|
|TREASURER||FR. ARUN LOBO, S.J.|
|VICE PRINCIPAL||MS. Clementine Monteiro|
|PRIMARY SUPERVISOR||MS. Nirmala Fernandes|
|PREP PRIMARY SUPERVISOR||MS. Sandra Fernandes|
|KG||Ms.. Neysa Dsouza|
|PREP||Ms. Rehmina Jaffar|
|1||Ms. Kalpana D’costa|
|2||Ms. Nicole gomes|
|3||Mr. Gabriel Tuscano|
|4||Ms. Cabryann Fernandes|
|5||Ms. Nicola Pereira|
|6||Mr. Sabin Castelino|
|7||Ms. Shron Tivade|
|8||Ms. Sakina Japanwala|
|9||Mr. Elias Coelho|
|10||Mr. Austine Vas|
Executive Committee of parents teacher association for the academic year 2019 – 2020